Hmm. That doesn’t seem like a very creative title, seeing that it is the default title of the sample post given in WordPress. But, it does seem very appropriate to this particular situation, so I think I will use it anyway.
I am finally putting pen to paper, so to speak, and creating that first post that will launch my blogging career, one that I hope will last for many years and touch many lives.
Okay, that was a little dramatic, I know. But I have that tendency in my writing. Once I get going, I work up a passion that always ends in a flair for the melodramatic. Just so you know, I am not usually that dramatic in real life. In real life, I
sometimes frequently have to struggle painfully for each word and phrase, and then I cringe when it comes out drastically opposed to what was in my head. But what can I say? That’s the introvert’s life for you. And those of my fellow beloved introverts who read this will undoubtedly understand.
So yes, I have trouble articulating myself in the real world. But when I turn introspective and let my thoughts flow onto a page, that’s what happens. They literally (well, literally in the figurative kind of way) flow out of my brain, through my fingertips, and onto the page (sorry, I’m falling back into the melodrama again). And again, fellow introvert-writers will be able to relate, I suspect.
For those of you who have not been similarly bestowed with the introspective mind and person, you may not relate to my highfalutin spiels so well. But do try to hang on. I’ll try to give you something to cling to every once in a while.
That being said, I’m excited to begin the blogging life, and you’ll likely see a myriad of random thoughts, reflections, and blabber on a myriad of topics near and dear to my heart, and maybe ones not so dear. We’ll have to see.
I want to talk about things both light-hearted and serious, because sometimes life needs to be serious. I hope that I will inspire in you not only a light-heartedness, but also a passion for the most important things in life. And that doesn’t mean that life has to always be serious and somber. God created us with a deep innate desire for joy and fulfillment, and living life for Him will ultimately bring that true satisfaction and happiness. But very often, that full life is only attained by the path of serious focus and a shifting of our priorities. Change is sometimes hard. But God can use the difficult times to bring us to an even higher level of fulfillment in Him and a passion for Him. I hope that I can convey that idea through my blog and inspire in you a similar passion for God as the highest priority in your life.
A few other randomosities about me:
- I am a logophile (for you who don’t like big words, that means I like words, like “randomosities,” which I think I may have just made up).
- I have the unfortunate tendency to be a grammar nazi. I try to not let it come out too often.
- I’m also a bibliophile. (Look it up.)
- I love using new words that not very many people have heard before.
- I love photography, and I just created a website dedicated to that. Check it out here: heathersreflections.wix.com/photos
- I also love history, and I’m fascinated with ancestry research. I’ve traced some of my ancestral family lines back to the late hundreds A.D. Now as to that information being accurate, I really can’t be too sure. But I like to think of it as being accurate. It’s a cool thought.
- I am wondering if I can start one of these bullet points with something other than “I.” This list looks way too self-centered, which is honestly not my intention.
- Dogs love me. There. Started one without “I.” Hmm. I didn’t really succeed in shifting the focus off of myself, though. Oh, I know–
- I live in the most amazing state ever. Yay! Even though that point did start with “I,” the focus was clearly off of myself, and deflected to my amazing state, which is true, by the way. Where else can you find ocean, mountains, snow, desert, hot and cold within a couple hours of each other? Nope, didn’t think you’d be able to answer that one. If you’re wondering which state I am referring to, just figure out which state is currently the most politically messed up, and you’ll probably have your answer.
Anyway, that’s enough for now. As you can see, I have the tendency to just go on and on about random stuff with no real point. I’ll try to keep that to a minimum in successive posts. Can’t guarantee anything, however.
Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope to see you along the journey!